[ 소원 카페 ]
Chapter II
Friday, December 14, 2012 10:02 PM
Attention! Anna's angle~extra chapter~ is up, everyone! Click here to read it!     
 I'll be posting chapter two now!
     

Chapter 2









Puella Magi Madoka Magica OST 2- Signum malum


When I woke up in the morning, I felt numb and dazed. I got up, cleaned, and put on a white skirt with big pleats and a sky blue shirt with a ribbon. I walked into my parent's bedroom. Empty. I opened the door to my brother's room. … Empty too. My eyes were starting to tingle again. I swallowed, forcing them not to come out.

I locked the door and closed the gate. It was around nine in the morning, and the sunlight was soft, although the weather wasn't warm. I clicked the down button, waiting for the elevator.
I didn't know where I was headed. I just walked on the pavement of the apartment area. This condominium area had a total of five apartments and a pool. I kept walking, until I realized that I had come to a small clearing that was full of flowers which weren't blooming yet, due to the cold January weather.

A teardrop fell, followed by many others. I couldn't them stop this time. My trembling legs collapsed.

…This wasn't fair at all.Did I deserve this kind of thing?

..Does.. god really exist?

I wish I'd treated my mom better; I'd always been quite rude.. I would also never get to hear my father joking and laughing along with my brother.

I suddenly remembered my father in the picture.

Wings. Big, feathery, white ones.

'You.. you're not human.."

…No. It couldn't be. Those kinds of things didn't exist. Must have been an edited photo. No way it can.. be.. real.., right?

"Who am I? No, what am I? Someone tell me!" I cried to no one in particular, venting out my stress, fear, frustration and sadness.

"Should I help you find out?"

Rustle. An indication that someone else was here. Behind me.

I blinked. What?

I dried my tears and covered my red nose with my muffler. I turned. "What?"

There.. was the most stunningly, good-looking man I ever saw. Right in front of me. I took a sharp intake of breath. Could such a beautiful thing even exist? He had raven black hair, and luscious wine-red eyes. He was really tall.

"Do you want to make a contract with me?" he smirked in a way similar to a cat.

"Contract? Wait.. Are you.. um.. human?" I asked. I knew it was really silly, but I had this queer urge to ask. He, the person whom I was facing, was extremely good-looking to the point where is was hard to believe such a person even existed. He looked quite young too.

"Would you believe me if I said that I was a demon?" he chuckled.

"..Haha. I'm not so sure." I stared at him. He smirked right back at me. "What contract were you talking about?"

"Ah, yes. I will be absolutely under your command, and will protect and serve you until you reach your 'goal', whatever that may be. There is a condition though", he said. " All this, in exchange for your sou-" he stopped suddenly, and looked as if pondering on something. Then he continued. 

"All this, in exchange that I get to do whatever I want with you after you arrive at your 'destination point.'" He smirked. Well. He certainly did look satisfied. -_-;;

I thought in silence.

"I advise you to decide upon this offer wisely. Are you sure you want to abandon light?"

Abandon light? Huh. Was there even light in the first place? What do I actually even have left to lose?

I swallowed. "You.. You're not lying, right? You won't go back on your words, right..?" I quietly asked. There must have been something wrong with me, agreeing to some weird contract with a stranger. But I didn't have anything left. It was either I trust him, or I fall down into the deepest hole of despair, without anyone to depend on. I decided not to choose the latter.

"Absolutely. I am a man of his' words," he smirked.

"Okay. Hey.. Can you revive someone from the dead?" I asked. "You're a demon, right?" I was starting to feel light-headed and dizzy.

"Unfortunately, I cannot, as the dead is the dead," he said, with a slightly apologetic smile.

"Then.. stay by my side, and help me to.. find out what I am," I slowly said.

"Certainly," he replied, bowing.

If there were such things as demons, then there must be such things as angels too. That would explain my father's.. Wait. What does that make me then? What about my mom?

My mind was whirling, trying to find the piece of logic that would somehow link this whole mess together.

"Then, shall we make the contract now?" he asked, looking at me. I nodded emotionlessly. "Where do you want it to be?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, clearly puzzled.

"I will put a mark on you, as proof of our deal. The more on a visible place the mark is, the stronger it will be. Also, it is so that we cannot run away from each other," he smiled like a cat. I felt a chill out of nowhere. Right.

I thought for awhile. Then, I lifted my left hand towards him. "On the back of my left hand." I still had no idea what he was going to do. He held my hand with his left hand, and touched the back of it with his right hand. He was wearing white gloves.

Like a butler.

As his hand came into contact with mine, I felt this sudden, hot, searing pain on my hand. I nearly wrenched my hand back by instinct. I'd been standing, but now I collapsed to the ground on my knees. Then suddenly, it shined with white light so bright I had to close my eyes and look away. "Ow, ow." I said. I bit my lips, and held onto his hand tighter.

Then, as both the pain and light began to fade, I tried to blink away the dark spots and saw proof of our contract: A purple, circular mark with a big star on the middle. It was right on the back of my left hand.



"I am yours to command," he said, bowing like a gentleman the old-fashioned way. He got on his knees, bowing. "I will act as your bodyguard and butler. What is your order?"
I stayed silent, trying to process all that was happening. Contract? Demon? What?

"Young miss?"

Young miss? I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. "Sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked you to give me an order," he cat-smiled.

"Oh.. then.. Why don't we get to know each other first? What's your name?" I asked.

He looked quite surprised at this. "Of course, my lady."

"I'll start. I'm Louise Morgenstern." I smiled at him.

He held out a hand to me. Oh. It was then that I realized that I was still on the ground. My tears were long dried now. I gratefully accepted it, and stood up. I took a few unsteady steps, and nearly tripped. The person whose name I still didn't know caught me right before I fell.

"Thank you," I said, brushing myself.

"It was nothing," he cat-smiled. I wonder if this person ever got angry. Hmm.

"What would you like to call me?" he asked.

I looked at him. "I have to.. give you a name?" I asked, very surprised.

"Well, yes," he replied.

"Um.. uh.. What were you called before? I mean you must have been called something, right?" I twisted a few strands of my long, wavy hair around my index finger.

"Hmm.., Well, I used to be called Sebastian Michaelis."

"Oh, really? That name suits you somehow. I wonder why? I'll call you that, then. Do I just call you Sebastian? Are you.. fine with it?" I asked him.

He bowed, and replied, "Of course, young lady. Just call me Sebastian."

I was definitely going to have to get used to the 'young miss' and 'young lady' thing. For the first time since I heard the drastic news of my family, I felt better a bit. A teensy little bit. Well, I was the type of girl to easily smile at just about anything.

"Hey.. How did you find me? I mean, was it just a coincidence that you were nearby?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I was attracted to your soul's distress and depression," he simply said. Then he cat-smiled.

"Oh.. I.. see." ..Right. I didn't whether to feel insulted or complimented. I looked at him incredulously. He smiled radiantly back at me.

"Okay then. Let's go up now," I said.

"Of course, young miss."

"Hey.. Sebastian?"

"Yes?"

"What do you like? Like for example, any food or animal or some other thing."

"Ah. I find cats very likeable and attractive." His eyes were shining; he certainly seemed like he loved them.

"Oh? Really? That's pretty.. unexpected. But I don't know what I was expecting either. Buuut I like cats too. They really are cute," I laughed. Mostly, I was laughing at Sebastian's love for cats. It seemed funny. "Do you like dogs?"

"Dogs? I can't say that I like them," he said. He didn't look too pleased.

"Why not?"

"They aren't as pleasant as cats," he thoughtfully said.

"Hnn~. I see."





Okay, chapter 2 ends here!

A picture draft of Louise that I drew. Got the clothes from Popteen magazine LOLOL. Popteen's a popular Japanese teen fashion magazine. 















Labels: , , ,



Hello, there! I am Little Miss Haine! This blog is dedicated to my Kuroshitsuji fanfiction, Souhaiter . My real blog is over here hehe. I post updates and changes made to the story here. And pictures and extras too ^ ^
+follow


The Story ★



Credits

Layout by yourstruly . Older & Newer code lettha . Header image **mog** . Inspired by cyana . Do mention me for missing creds.


⟨ oldernewer ⟩