[ 소원 카페 ]
Chapter 3
Friday, December 28, 2012 6:13 PM

Chapter 3

I opened the door to my house. "Sorry, it's not that big..," I said.

"It isn't a problem at all," he replied.

I passed the living room and stood at the entrance of my little brother's room, which was right next to mine.

"Is this room okay?" I asked.

"Yes, thank you. It is more than enough." He gave me one of his charming smiles. I smiled back.

"Okay then. Ah- I have to move all of his things out..," I said, observing the room.

"I will do that. Do not worry," Sebastian replied.

"Um I'll help you-"

"No, please, it is alright. Although I really do appreciate the volunteer, a fine young lady should not do any of these things. It will only tire her out." Another one of his radiant smile.

Wait, whattt? Okay then. I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, really."

That cat-like smile. (¬_¬) 

"Hmm… I guess you can put them outside at the living room. I'll be in my room if you um.. need me, okay?" I said.

"Yes, young miss."

I went in my room and closed the door. My desk was quite messy, as usual. I sat down on the chair in front of it. Today was Saturday.

I sighed. The sky was cloudy and grey. I loved grey skies. They gave me a feeling of comfort somehow. Grey skies are so beautiful. I decided to just draw something, a girl. I really liked drawing and thinking up of new characters. I'd been doing it since I was four.
The drawing was done, much to my satisfactory. I decided to ink it. I looked back at it with pride and satisfaction.

Then I decided to see how Sebastian was doing.

(o Д o)

Everything was out. All my little brother's toys, clothes, books and the bookshelf. In just ten minutes. I stared at Sebastian. He smirked, satisfied.

"It's all done, young miss."

"You.. Did you seriously do this in 15 minutes?" said, mouth agape.

"Well, actually I could have done it in sooner, but I decided to not rush it," he said, putting his hand on his chin, looking thoughtfully.

"..Wow. Good job!" I said staring, still in shock.

"It was nothing, young miss." Sebastian bowed, smirking.

Oh my goodness.. Did he seriously move those things by himself?

"What should I do with the books and clothes?" I thought out aloud.

"Why don't you donate them to the charity, if you do not have any need for them?" he suggested.

"Hmm. That's a good idea. But.. Isn't the procedure quite complicated?" I said.

"You can leave all the calculations and complicated things to me," Sebastian said, smiling.

So sparkly.. My eyes hurt!

"Okay, thanks. Can you find out a charity organization whose help is most needed then?"

"Yes, young miss. Ah- I will take care of all of your bills, the will, and other related things too, so you do not have to worry."

"Ah! Thank you!" I grinned.

"You're welcome. Well then, I will go find some information regarding the charity organization now." He bowed.

"Oh-, you can use the laptop that's in the living room."

"Of course, young miss. Thank you," he smiled. He bowed, and was going to leave when I stopped him suddenly.

"Ah-wait-" I held him back by his arm. "Sorry. Um.. I'm hungry, but there's not much left to eat.."

Sebastian smiled. "Breakfast-ah- lunch will be ready in fifteen minutes." He left for the kitchen. 
Whoa. He was so tall. ( ̄□ ̄;) He made me feel really short.

I walked back into my room. The bunny clock of mine read one in the afternoon. I was surprised. Already?

I unconsciously touched my side fringe. My eyes trailed to the mark on my left hand. Hmm. It was purple. Stars were better than any other shapes like hearts. The contract was actually prettier than I thought.

I walked into the kitchen, Where Sebastian was cooking. "Hey, Sebastian. Why did you brand a mark on me?" I asked.

"Well, young miss. I did not only brand you; I have the mark too." He held up his left hand up for me to see, smiling the cat-smile. "I did it as a proof of our contract, and as I said, so that you will not be able to run away from me. And I from you." He smirked. I felt a shiver run down my spine when he said that I couldn't 'run away' from him. His left hand had the same mark as mine.

"Huh- I see." I looked away from his smirk, and tried my best to smile. But the 'you can't escape' thing was making me slightly nervous somehow. (・▽・;)

I went off. Very soon, he called me to eat.

(o Д o)

My eyes widened. A feast had been prepared. Spaghetti, salad, omelette and others.

"Sebastian.." I looked over at him, who was cat-smiling.

"Yes, young miss?"

"This.. this is a bit too much!" I said.

"I apologize. Next time I will prepare less," he replied, and bowed.

"Ah-Um.. Yeah. Thanks!" I sat down.

"Well, then.. Please excuse me. I will clean up the kitchen." He bowed and left.

I tried some spaghetti, and was so surprised that I nearly dropped the fork that I was using. It was unbelievably delicious. I blinked. Whoa!

And in a matter of minutes, I had finished nearly everything. My stomach was so full, it was hard to walk properly. I was about to pick up the plates to put them in the kitchen when Sebastian called from the kitchen. "Please leave them there. I will clean up."

"Oh.. Okay," I said.

" I will take care of the paperworks and the will tomorrow," he said.

"Ah, yeah. Thanks!" I replied, grateful.

"Really, you're too nice, young miss," Sebastian smirked, coming out of the kitchen to clean up the table.

"Hahaha. Really? Thanks." I grinned smoothly. Inside, I felt complimented and was blushing.
After dinner at night (which didn't disappoint me, as well), I took a bath in my mother's bathroom. I'd decided that Sebastian could have the bathroom near our room, while I used the one in my parent's bedroom.

He'd asked me if I wanted to move my room to my parent's one, which was much bigger, but I'd immediately refused. I didn't want to have that big, vast, lonely room to myself.

After we bid each other goodnight, I went to sleep in my room. I clicked off the lights, and sat on my bed. I brought my legs up to my chest and hugged them. I'd never been afraid of the dark, but now I was unsure.

And before I knew it, I was crying again, feeling really alone.

Feeling like a lost little girl.

It hurt to think of almost anything right now; I had never in my life felt so lonely and isolated inside.

Endless thoughts of regret were swimming around in my head. I closed my eyes.

I'd fallen asleep.

I dreamt of falling down a cliff- it was one of those dreams that waked you up jerkily- and my family was on the cliff. I awoke with a jolt. It took a while for me to calm down. I breathed in and out slowly. I didn't like those falling dreams. They always felt so real.

I turned the doorknob of my room 's door quietly, and exited my room quietly. It was completely dark, with no light, except for the one coming out from the gap underneath Sebastian's room's door.

I didn't want to go back to sleep. I didn't feel comforted. I might as well see what Sebastian was doing. I reached for his doorknob, then hesitated. After some time, I decided to just do it. I knocked.

"Please come in," his smooth voice came in reply.




『Puella Magi Madoka Magica OST 2- Amicae carae meae

I opened the door, and entered, closing it behind me softly.

"Ah. Young miss. You couldn't sleep?" he asked. He was wearing a pair of reading glasses and sitting in front of the desk, working on something that involved a stack of papers. I nodded and made a sound in reply. The room was only lighted by a desk lamp, which was quite bright.

"What are you doing..?" I asked softly, looking at the stack of papers.

"The charity organization paperwork."

"Thanks," I said. I sat down in a dark corner. I hugged my legs again, falling into a train of thoughts, and trying to comfort myself. The memories and the dreams came crashing like a tide almost immediately, making me start. I didn't like this at all. My breathing quickened a bit.

I heard Sebastian sigh softly, and walking over towards me. My heart beat quickened.

Wait, what are you doing? Don't come over here!

To my extreme surprise, he carried me like I was a little child, and put me on his lap. He was sitting cross-legged on the wooden floor. He smoothed my hair, and brought me close to his upper body, trying to comfort me.

"You should just let it all out, young miss. It's not really good to hold it in."

I blinked. I felt safer when he was holding me. It was comforting. I started to feel better. I hugged him and cried, using one hand to consistently wipe my eyes. I felt safe, warm, and fuzzy. It reminded me of a time when I was lost as a kid-but I'd found my mother. I had cried in relief then. That was when I was four. It was cozy then, hugging her while I cried. It felt almost the same now. He smelled nice, like the smell of fresh laundry.

Sebastian patted my back softly. My head didn't even reach his chin. When I calmed down enough, I leaned my head against his chest. I took a shuddering breath.

"Do you feel better now?" he asked quietly.

I nodded. It felt good being hugged. By a very gorgeous-looking guy too. Just kidding. I knew I shouldn't think of things like this, but I couldn't help it. When I realized what I was doing now, I nearly bolted out of the door, wanting to hide myself. I felt exposed. This was a part of me that I didn't want anyone to see;no one was supposed to see this part of me.

But I decided to just let it slide this once. I would think about all that later.

"Shall I bring you some hot milk?" he asked me.

After a while, I nodded.

I never really had my milk hot. I usually always drank it cold. Not that I particularly love it. I sat on the space next to him.

"I shall be back soon." He stood up, bowed, and left the room quietly.

I lied down on the hard, cold floor and covered my eyes with the back of my arm. When Sebastian came back with the mug of hot milk, I sat up. I received the mug from him. It smelled really nice. I thanked him.

I blew it and sipped it. It tasted very different from cold milk. He sat opposite me.

"Sebastian?" I said quietly.

"Yes, young miss?"

"Thank you for everything. Honestly.. I'm really thankful."

"No, it's nothing," he replied, smiling a calm smile. "I am just one hell of a butler."

One hell.. Considering he was a demon, it really did have another meaning to it; a pun. I chuckled. I finished up the rest of the milk, and handed the mug over to him. I stood up.
"Goodnight, Sebastian," I said. I smiled slightly.

He stood up and bowed. "Goodnight, young miss."

I went into my mother's bathroom to rinse my mouth with water. Then I walked back into my room. I settled with my favourite teddy named Jenny, fromamong the many soft toys I had, and went to bed.

This time, I was able to sleep without any dreams plaguing me.

Labels:



Hello, there! I am Little Miss Haine! This blog is dedicated to my Kuroshitsuji fanfiction, Souhaiter . My real blog is over here hehe. I post updates and changes made to the story here. And pictures and extras too ^ ^
+follow


The Story ★



Credits

Layout by yourstruly . Older & Newer code lettha . Header image **mog** . Inspired by cyana . Do mention me for missing creds.


⟨ oldernewer ⟩